November 2016 Election, Utah County, Utah
This election is scheduled for the 8th of November 2016.
The Republican Primary is scheduled for June 28th.
- 1 Candidates
- 1.1 County Commission C
- 1.2 Alpine School District
- 1.3 Nebo School District - Board Seat 1
- 1.4 Nebo School District - Board Seat 3
- 1.5 Nebo School District - Board Seat 6
- 1.6 Nebo School District - Board Seat 7
- 1.7 Provo School District - Board Seat 5
- 1.8 Provo School District - Board Seat 6
- 1.9 Provo School District - Board Seat 7
- 1.10 Judicial Retainment
- 2 External Resources
- 3 References
County Commission C
|R. Nathan Ivie||Our pick.|
Republican. Good candidate.
|Casey Voeks||Our primary pick.|
Republican. Good candidate seems more polished and politically aware.
|Mike Kipp||Eliminated as a Republican candidate in April 16 delegate vote.|
|Brad Frost||Eliminated as a Republican candidate in April 16 delegate vote.|
|Scott Ward||Eliminated as a Republican candidate in April 16 delegate vote.|
Alpine School District
Not currently covered.
Nebo School District - Board Seat 1
|Eric Hazelet||Our Pick. Strong focus on family.|
I wrote a letter to both of the candidates and have received responses from both.
Nebo School District - Board Seat 3
Nebo School District - Board Seat 6
|R. Dean Rowley|
Nebo School District - Board Seat 7
Provo School District - Board Seat 5
Provo School District - Board Seat 6
Provo School District - Board Seat 7
The retainment votes are tricky. We're not comparing one candidate against another, so that we can fall back on relative merit easily. Though, one could compare the candidates against each other, rank them, and pick a cut-off. Grading on the curve never seems altogether fair or constructive, however. People tend to vote "yes", even thought they have little to no information. This tends to make bad judges very hard to oust. At the same time "when in doubt, vote no" seems an overly harsh rule to apply. At the same time, it seems almost necessary to counteract the mindless reverence that sitting judges tend to elicit from the voting public. At the very least, when in doubt, don't vote. Voting uninformed can be worse than not voting. We will not make a recommendation unless we feel we have found enough information to judge the probability of a vote being a good one.
|Carolyn E. Howard||Saratoga Springs|
|David C. Dahlquist||Payson||Yes|
|Scott J. Cullimore||Utah County Justice Court|
|Sharla T. Williams||Genola|
|Sharla T. Williams||Goshen|
|Sharla T. Williams||Santaquin|
|Sherlynn W. Fenstermaker||Mapleton|
|Sherlynn W. Fenstermaker||Springville|
|Stevan W. Ridge||Utah County Justice Court|
|W. Brent Bullock||Lindon|
- Spencer J. Cox, "Notice of Election: 2016 General Election", Office of the Lieutenant Governor, 16 Nov 2015
- Craig Frank, "2016 NOMINATING CONVENTION RESULTS", Utah County Republican Party, 19 April 2016
- Katie England, "Ivie tops Voeks in Utah County Commissioner primary race", Daily Herald, 29 Jun 2016