R. Nathan Ivie
R. Nathan Ivie is a photographer, raiser of horses, and holds Utah County Commission seat C.
Nathan's priorities include increasing economic freedom, providing a balanced representation for the county's diverse population, improving police training, and ensuring that the county continues to grow without destroying the resources that make the county great.
Nathan is a Republican.
Expressed that the Republican Party would become obsolete if its views on Race and sexuality didn't change.
Succeeded in getting a non-discrimination clause added to the contract for Utah County's sponsorship of the annual Freedom Festival. This issue arose due to the organizers' last-minute exclusion of an LGBT youth resource center from the event's parade in 2017.
Expressed support for the conservation goals of the Bureau of Land Management.
Testified in favor of a bill exempting counties from utility fees/taxes.
Nathan was among a group of Utah County legislators who signed a letter calling for a Utah County Commissioner, Greg Graves, to step down. Greg had been accused of sexual harassment, and was widely seen as a workplace bully in the county offices. In particular, he was one of the earliest and most vocal critics of Greg Graves' behavior.
Nathan is interested in increasing the number of county commissioners to 5, and having them divided up to represent regions of the county.
He was elected to County Commission seat C in the November 2016 Election, Utah County, Utah.
- Official Campaign Website
- Nathan Ivie Utah County Commissioner
- Nathan Ivie - LinkedIn
- Nathan Ivie - Intelius
- Ivie Ranch
- Nathan Ivie Photography
- Katie England, "Ivie tops Voeks in Utah County Commissioner primary race", Daily Herald, 29 Jun 2016
- Katie England, "Q and A with the Utah County commission candidates", Daily Herald, 26 Jun 2016
- Katie England, "Nathan Ivie announces run for county commission seat", Daily Herald, Jan 19, 2016
- Tim Fitzsimons, "Utah Republican who came out as gay loses re-election bid", NBC News, 7 Jul 2020
- Katie England, "Utah County to consider adding non-discrimination clause to Freedom Fest contract", Daily Herald, 19 Mar 2018
- Nathan Ivie Utah County Commissioner, March 10 at 6:04pm, Facebook
- Nathan Ivie Utah County Commissioner, March 3 at 12:29pm, Facebook
- Nathan Ivie Utah County Commissioner, January 30, Facebook
- Annie Knox, "17 state lawmakers: 'All confidence lost' in Utah County leader", KSL, 13 Dec 2017
- As reported by one of the delegates in 2016.