Mike Kennedy is a Family Practice Physician, an Urgent Care Doctor, and a current member of the Utah House of Representatives and is running as a Republican candidate for a U.S. Senate seat in the November 2018 Election, Utah.
He was elected to represent Utah's 27th district in the House of Representatives in 2012.
In a debate between the U.S. Senate candidates on April 6th, Mike Kennedy claimed to have worked to successfully prevent the full implementation of Obamacara (Affordable Care Act) in Utah, and to have voted against expanding Medicare.
Based on his record in the 2018 legislative session, the Libertas Institute gave him a score of 72%, ranking him 14th out of 75 members of the Utah House of Representatives.
Organized the Utah School Safety Commission in 2018.
- Campaign Website
- 2018 Declaration of Candidacy
- Rep. Michael S. Kennedy - House of Representatives
- Mike Kennedy (Politician) - Wikipedia
- Mike Kennedy (Utah) - Ballotpedia
- Michael S. Kennedy, MD - Premier Family Medical
- Lee Davidson, "Mitt Romney again faces a Kennedy in a U.S. Senate race", Salt Lake Tribune, 16 Mar 2018
- The Tribune Political Team, "Trib Caucus: Candidate filings hint at changes in the Utah Legislature", Salt Lake Tribune, 16 Mar 2018
- Simone Francis, "Mike Kennedy enters U.S. Senate race", Good 4 Utah, 14 Mar 2018
- Keep My Voice, "Keep My Voice U.S. Senate Debate Live Stream", Facebook, 6 Apr 2018
- "The 2018 Libertas Legislator Index", The Libertas Institute, 2018
- Marjorie Cortez, Lisa Riley Roche, "'This is the time to do something': Utah Safe Schools Commission launched", Deseret News, 1 Mar 2018