He communicates a message of constitutional conservatism.
In a debate between the U.S. Senate candidates, he gave a very personal explanation for why he would refuse to fund Planned Parenthood.Criticized Mitt Romney for his weak leadership on the issue of abortion, and his history of supporting abortion, socialized medicine, and gun control in Massachusetts. Worked with Ted Cruz's campaign in 2016. Donald Trump was his second choice and he is pleased with how Trump has kept his promises. Criticized Orrin Hatch for becoming part of the DC establishment that grew the scope and encroachment of the federal government.
In a debate between the U.S. Senate candidates on April 6th, Larry Meyers advocated for scaling back benefits by categorizing potential recipients based on length of contribution to programs and need, then phasing the programs out. (He seemed to be addressing social security, in particular.) Asserted that "the best government is local government, even better than state government".
He ran for the U.S. House of Representatives seat representing Utah's 2nd Congressional District in 2014.
- Campaign Website
- Larry Meyers - Facebook
- 2018 Declaration of Candidacy
- Larry Meyers - Ballotpedia
- Meyers for U.S. Senate - GoFundMe
- Larry Meyers for U.S. Senate - Twitter
- David DeMille, "U.S. Senate candidate Larry Meyers: It’s not just Romney running for Hatch's seat", The Spectrum, 12 Mar 2018
- Jason Gottfried, "St. George attorney Larry Meyers runs for U.S. Senate", The Independent, 6 Jan 2018
- "Larry Meyers, Conservative Republican, To Run For US Senate", Utah Standard News, 4 Jan 2018
- Tim Jimenez for US Senate - Utah, "Senate debate", Facebook, Mar 17 (Larry Meyers is the candidate sitting third from the left.)
- Tim Jimenez for US Senate - Utah, "Senate debate pt2", Facebook, March 17 at 8:11pm (Larry Meyers is the candidate sitting third from the left.)
- Keep My Voice, "Keep My Voice U.S. Senate Debate Live Stream", Facebook, 6 Apr 2018