November 2012 Election, California, Proposition 35
Vote Recommendation: Yes
Human trafficking is a disgusting crime which needs to be taken more seriously. I think the measures taken here are a step in the right direction.
Human Trafficking. Penalties. Sex Offender Registration.
Increases prison sentences and fines for human trafficking convictions. Requires convicted human traffickers to register as sex offenders. Requires registered sex offenders to disclose Internet activities and identities. Fiscal Impact: Costs of a few million dollars annually to state and local governments for addressing human trafficking offenses. Potential increased annual fine revenue of a similar amount, dedicated primarily for human trafficking victims.
- Voter Information Guide - Secretary of State
- Official Title and Summary - Secretary of State
- Analysis - Secretary of State
- Arguments and Rebuttals - Secretary of State
- Text of Proposed Law - Secretary of State
- California Proposition 35 - Ballotpedia