Karen Ellingson ran as a candidate for the 64th district of the Utah House of Representatives in 2014. She interned for John Curtis. She ran for Vice Chair of the Republican Party in 2017. She has been a member of the Springville City planning commission.
On the 2nd Amendment, Karen has indicated that should certain hardware be banned, she will follow the laws of the land. When asked about the Sherriff's department budget, she indicated that she would review expenses and make changes to non-essential items. When asked about a Utah Lake crossing she indicated that she wasn't sure that was the best use of resources. When asked whether she supports law enforcement, she indicated that she does, but that trust needs to be built and balance between our rights and protection need to be considered. When asked about environmental issues, she indicated that the watershed needs to be protected, and that she is concerned about air quality issues. She indicated that moving from 3 to 5 commissioners would alleviate workload.
- 2018 Declaration of Candidacy
- Karen Ellingson for County Commission - Facebook
- Karen Ellingson - Ballotpedia
- Katie England, "Republican Utah County Commission candidates talk bankruptcies, increasing number of commissioners", Daily Herald, 10 Apr 2018
- Megan Wallgren, "Springville’s Karen Ellingson joins race for Utah County Commission seat", Serve Daily, 31 Jan 2018
- Heidi Toth, "Study: Moms of twins live longer", Daily Herald, 11 May 2011
- Katie McKellar, "Springville woman joins race for Utah County Commission", Deseret News, 5 Jan 2018
- John Mulholland, "Utah County Republican Party leadership candidates", Utah Politico Hub, 25 Apr 2017
- "Planning Commission", Springville, 11 Apr 2018
- Lisa Anderson, "Utah County Commissioner A Candidate Meet & Greet", Lindon 04 Precinct Delegate Political Ponderings, 30 Mar 2018