Jonathan Johnson has a law degree from BYU and began his career in that field, clerking for Utah Supreme Court Justice Leonard H. Russon. His career path gradually shifted to focus more on business.
He did not use the signature gathering method to get on the ballot.
Founded the Promote Liberty PAC which has been promoting conservative principles since at least 2013.
- Official Campaign Website
- https://twitter.com/jjohnsonnow Jonathan Johnson - Twitter
- Jonathan Johnson - LinkedIn
- Jonathan E. Johnson - Wikipedia
- Jonathan E. Johnson - MormonWiki.com
- Katie England, "Gary Herbert, Jonathan Johnson talk Count My Vote, education and conflict", Daily Herald, 28 Jun 2016
- Lisa Riley Roche, "Poll shows Johnson close to Herbert in governor race, campaign says", KSL, 15 Jun 2016
- Chelsea Herrick, "JJ Johnson at Utah County Convention", YouTube, 8 Jun 2016
- Lisa Riley Roche, "Gov. Gary Herbert spending more on TV commercials than challenger Johnathan Johnson", KSL.com, 5 Jun 2016
- Lisa Riley Roche, "Poll: Herbert holds significant lead over Johnson in governor's race", KSL.com, 11 May 2016
- Lisa Riley Roche , "Gov. Gary Herbert, Jonathan Johnson headed to primary after GOP convention vote", KSL.com, 23 Apr 2016
- Daniel Woodruff, "Utah Lt. Gov. Spencer Cox calls out Jonathan Johnson over porn", KUTV, 20 April 2016
- Christine Cooke, "Education and the race for governor", Sutherland Institute, 18 April 2016
- Emily Larson, "3 Utah gubernatorial candidates announce running mates", KSL.com, 18 April 2016
- Bob Evans, "3 Questions with Bob Evans: Jonathan Johnson on his run for Utah Governor", Fox 13: Salt Lake City, 27 March 2016
- Dan Harrie, "Jonathan Johnson campaign again calls for fraud investigation", Salt Lake Tribune, 21 March 2016
- Jonathan Johnson, "Jonathan Johnson’s Tax Pledge", Hire Jonathan Johnson, 2016
- Doug Gibson, "Overstock's Jonathan Johnson tours Utah, hoping to upset Herbert", Standard Examiner, 19 December 2015
- Rick Aaron, "Jonathan Johnson Kicks Off His Gubernatorial Campaign", Good4Utah.com, 15 September 2015
- Jonathan Johnson, "My view: Gov. Herbert doesn't need Congress to have role in public education", Deseret New, June 19 2015
- Promote Liberty PAC - Facebook