Cliodynamics is the name of a relatively new discipline of of mathematical history. More specifically, the discipline involves using math to model historical systems with the intention of developing models and laws that can be used to predict the future behavior of the system.
- "Public Data Directory", Google
- "Cliodynamics: The Journal of Quantitative History and Cultural Evolution" - eScholarship: University of California
- "Cliodynamics" - Peter Turchin
- Cliodynamics - Wikipedia
- Geoffrey West, "The surprising math of cities and corporations", TED, Jul 2011
- Luís M. A. Bettencourt, José Lobo, Dirk Helbing, Christian Kühnert, and Geoffrey B. West, "Growth, innovation, scaling, and the pace of life in cities", PNAS, March 6, 2007