Morgan Philpot was elected to the Utah House of Representatives in 2000 and 2002, and also served as the vice-chair to the Utah Republican Party.
As a representative he notably sponsored the Carson Smith Special Needs Scholarship bill, the Prohibition of Public Funding for Abortion and the Designation of Constitution & Bill of Rights Day in Utah.
He advocates constitutionalist principles on his campaign website and has been retained as legal counsel for Ammon Bundy in relation to his land-use protest in Oregon. He is said to be "intimately familiar with the land use issues central to the Malheur protest".
- Official Campaign Website
- Morgan Philpot - Facebook
- Morgan Philpot - Wikipedia
- Katie England, "Morgan Philpot announces run for Utah State Senate seat", Daily Herald, 14 Jan 2016
- Paul Rolly, "Rolly: There goes the Christmas bonus for Morgan Philpot", Salt Lake Tribune, 1 Nov 2011
- Maxine Bernstein, "Ammon Bundy retains new lawyer, former Utah State Rep. J. Morgan Philpot from Molalla", The Oregonian, 26 May 2016